The Malayalam music industry seems to be "rocking". There is a deluge of movie songs and albums releasing every day. Everybody wants to hum something in public and if you have the right contacts then even sing in the albums and movies.
Music competitions everywhere ... mind-boggling prizes. Sponsers are giving away flats to winners as casually as Tharikada gives away free rice bags to by-standers. Finalists have super-star status ... media exploiting the human element to the hilt.
An entire crop of music directors have arrived ... from colleges. Mejo looks good with a Deepak Dev touch - his range will be tested in coming days.
Videos and lyrics are getting very creative.
Hope all this translates to a vibrant industry and makes it easier for the real talents to froth up through this heady mix.
Vidhu had several engagements - some shows, album work, interviews, shoots, private parties. South Indian Bank got Vidhu as one of their brand ambassadors. Huge billboards in Thrissur and Ernakulam with Vidhu, Mejo, Cicily saying "Our bank - South Indian Bank".
- July 4th - Joshi's new movie with Dileep in the lead, mentioned in the previous post
- Suhurth - Venu Nagavally movie
- Pazhassi Raja - Mammooty's historical movie penned by MT, directed by Hariharan, music by Ilayaraja
- SMS - another college movie, music by Ilayaraja - co-sung by Vineeth Sreenivas
- Challenge - a dubbed movie that was missed in the previous post
Several albums in the works. Need to mentioned another video album that has a certain wonderful feel - "Monjulla pennalle". Vidhu Prathap won the Gulf Music award for Best Mapilla Song for the year.
- Dubai show done in Jun
- Several shows in Kerala